Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm blogging from bed tonight. And from my phone, my Blackberry, my very trusted companion and lifeline to my world.

I'm back tonight from visiting "old" college friends who live in Louisville. This was a much-needed and long overdue visit, really! And honestly, I didn't want to leave. They're the kind of friends who, even though I hadn't seen them in like 1.5 or maybe 2 years, being with them was just normal and we pick up where we left off. That's a real gift.

And actually, I saw them last weekend too. :). They let me stay a night when I was driving home from my sister's baby shower in Ohio.

One thing I appreciate about them is that they like each other - and they're married! But I could totally tell that even with their ninth wedding anniversary approaching (I read the blanket, Devona!) they're still friends who joke and laugh and talk about football incessantly and say "I love you" when they hang up the phone. I was blessed being with them.

So tonight is about friends, about couples who love each other, and about peace. Because I really needed and loved the peace at their house.

Plus, I just really love their house. It's nearly 100 years old. When you walk in, you feel like you're being hugged by a century-old human being with wide baseboards, ornate trim, a parlor and a staircase with 14 stairs.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: