Monday, May 2, 2011

skinny state of mind

I convinced myself over the weekend that I gained 15 pounds.
And that the hard work I put into losing 50 is all for naught.
And that before long, like in a matter of days, I will be fat again.
So I ate the bowl of sugary cereal, and indulged in the Oreos.
I told myself I’d exercise later, but I didn’t mean it.
Nothing I wore looked good (even the fun sundress).
I stress-ate. Knowingly.
I did not want to weigh this morning, but felt compelled to survey the damages.

Reality?

Half-a-pound gain.

Diets are awesome. My diet was awesome. My ability to keep the physical weight off is great.

But the weekend was a reminder that weight loss is a state of mind.

1 comment:

The Logarithmic Spiral said...

"Weight loss is a state of mind." SO TRUE! I have 6 more pounds to go before I'm "high school skinny" , i.e. how much I weighed before leaving for college and what I believe is my ideal weight. They say the last 5-10 pounds are the hardest. "they" are right.