Saturday, March 2, 2013

Let's dream

"And often the result of daring greatly isn't a victory march as much as it is a quiet sense of freedom mixed with a little battle fatigue." Brene Brown, Daring Greatly

I am free. 

I am also tired, exhilarated, content, on track, and blessed.

It's been a whirlwind three months. 

I founded VoiceBox Media in November. I began planning for Kenya in December. In January, we had our first board meeting and I was voted the executive director of VoiceBox. I bought my ticket for Kenya.

In February, I lost one of my best friends to a heart attack. Five days later I quit my job. The next day I went to Kenya, and in the process visited 3 continents, a half dozen countries and spent an unexpected (free) night in Amsterdam.


Five days ago I came home to a Cottage infested with skunk odor, and for the past five days I've been housed with a dear friend who graciously opened their home to me and my two dogs, one of which I'm 90 percent sure is pregnant. 

Now, here I am. A bit windblown, kissed by the Kenyan sun, and with so many ideas and stories and pictures floating around in my head that it's hard to concentrate on just one for more than five minutes.

I've been absent from here, but I haven't been silent. I've written over here, and guest blogged over there. I've been planning and emailing and Facebook messaging and texting and IM'ing and talking. I've been rejected and come back swinging; delayed, but not deterred. 

"Do you know what a ruthless warrior you are to be living the lifestyle of following your heart?" Emelia Symington Fedy 

I've been pinching myself. You're living your dream. There are accolades and pats on the back and admiration and respect. But really, I'm just a girl with a dream. 

And I'm going for it. With everything I've got.

For a sneak peak of photos, visit VBM's Facebook page

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back here.