Monday, February 22, 2010

Obligatory post

For the record, I'm not the only one in the blogging world who's been admittedly cranky the past few days and felt like there's nothing to write. But still I feel an obligatory post is due, mostly for myself, to spew the random thoughts that are running through my head and some of them may not be spelled correctly.

I took my dogs for a four-wheeler excursion today because I felt the immediate need to get out of the house for awhile. It was worth it. The cool air cleared my head and it made me happy to see the dogs romping and playing.

One of my New Mexico friends had her third baby two weeks ago and we visited her yesterday. Juliet is so tiny and new and precious. When we left her house, the first thing Micah said was, "Holly, don't go and do something stupid. I saw the way you were looking at her."

Jada's gas is so atrocious that she WILL be sleeping outside tonight.

I engaged in a conversation tonight with my brother and his girlfriend about society, propoganda, and brainwashing. Did the Nazi soldiers know that what they were doing was wrong? Did the slave ship owners/captains have a sneaking suspision they shouldn't be treating people that way?

I cooked a lot of lasgna today - for us and for our friend who just had the baby. I hope we don't get snow so we can deliver it tomorrow.

Sometimes it feels like life is moving too fast.

I loaded and unloaded the dishwasher three times today.

I still miss my friend.

Mom and I spat at each other yesterday but we got over it fairly quickly. We also had some good conversations about life. That's mostly what we talk about - life.

Admittedly, I was irritable all day and yesterday...for no real reason. My family's humor tonight around the dinner table got me out of it. But not before I made my little brother cry.

I'm really sentimental.

My random thoughts are winding down so maybe that means I'm closer to being ready for bed. Maybe. Bedtime is always such a gamble for me. Am I tired? Tired enough to fall asleep? Should I take some of my Simply Sleep? Maybe I can try going to sleep on my own? If I take Ibuprofen now I won't be able to take Simply Sleep later. So is the pain nominal enough to where I can stand it in order to take Simply Sleep later and actually sleep? Or can I not stand the pain and need Ibuprofen now but take the risk of not sleeping later?

Tonight, I'll read first and then test the waters.

Good night.

No comments: