Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living Radically, Radically Living

When am I going to start doing that?

At some point I'm going to have to cross the line from being mediocre to living radically. I'm looking at my life, the places in my heart that are most often hidden from view, your view, and I'm asking myself, "When am I going to start living what I believe in? When are my actions going to start aligning with the words coming out of my mouth?"

I talk about using my writing, about being called to be a "voice for the voiceless" but am I?
I get so frustrated when Tiger Woods makes headline news and the starving homeless don't even get a mention. But what am I doing about it?
I say that I want to make a difference. But I'm not.
I want to reach the world. But here I sit.

My heart is screaming at me - when are you going to start living what you believe in?!

When am I?

When will it no longer be enough to have knowledge, to talk about it, to dream, to hope? When will I actually be moved into action?

You see, there is no fault in trying and failing. I fault those who have never tried. I fault myself.

It's like...I'm waiting for someone else to take the first step, to hold their toe precariously over that line (MEDIOCRE vs. RADICAL) and set it gently down on the other side, so quiet it can't be heard but the reverbration of its echo can be felt bouncing off the walls of society and individuals. Who is coming with me?

"Holly, I just mopped the floor, don't step on it." My mother's voice against my stubborn 2-year-old will. I stepped on it. Again and again and again. My whole foot then just the edge of my toes easing over. Will she notice?

Will my community, my family, my friends notice? Will people meet me and know? Will they know that I want to cross that line?

So this is me telling you that I want to live radically. I want to make a difference; I want to affect change; I want people on my team who are doing the same thing.

Writers, beware. You'll be hearing from me soon on a project I've had mulling in my head since January. You know if it's been around that long, it's bound to be a good one!

Everyone else, I'll be divulging it soon and then I want your feedback, your prayers, your participation in what you can do.

It's about me living radically and calling you to join me.

1 comment:

The Logarithmic Spiral said...

There are absolutely no words for how much I love/relate/am excited about this post. And I'm glad to be privleged enough to know what this project is :) I love you and I love you