Friday, September 26, 2008

Shower vs. Dribble

I made an observation to myself this morning as I showered at 1 a.m. trying to scrub off the paint and stain from my midnight project. It's not a complaint, I told myself, cupping the dribbling water and splashing it on my face. It's an observation.

I like showers. And I like showers that SHOWER. Not dribble.

But I have a dribbling shower. Oh well, looking on the bright side of things, it makes me slow down and enjoy my showers being that I have to wait 10 minutes for the hot water to turn hot and another 10 for the dribbles to saturate my hair.

I painted my living room last night. And stained the hardwood floor.
Then this morning I moved all the living room material that had been kept in the kitchen to the living room.
And I stood back and smiled. And sat on the couch. And admired my work.

I moved onto my bedroom; got the painting done and will do the floor tonight between work and well, work. Tomorrow that means I can unload all my bedroom stuff that has been kept in the laundry room to the bedroom.

Did I tell you I have a French door from my bedroom to the living room? I like it.

Also tomorrow the carpet people are coming to lay carpet in the office. Between them and the exterminator today, we should be bug-free, cat-pee-smell-free and the dogs and I can enjoy our long life there together.

I do have other painting projects I want to do but they can wait. The bathroom will probably be my next project being that my mirror is like this (-) big and my face/hair area is like this (---) big. And I need shelves. And a rug.

Can you believe I actually cleaned the house because the exterminator people were coming? I think that means I need more company...something. That's just sad.

In other news, the county fair is this weekend and I think I'm going tomorrow night to the bull riding and the dance afterwards. I can usually weather movies and well, most things alone but that seems a little daunting to me. I mean, it's a dance. But my alternative is sitting home with my dogs being old. So I think I'll venture out, go take some pictures, enjoy looking at the cowboys and tell you about it later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. You've been productive.

Blessings From Above said...

You have been busy...hopefully you'll get to relax some this weekend.

I hate dribbling showers, but LOVE french doors!