Monday, September 29, 2008

Folks, it's Monday

It's Monday already. I woke up this morning ready for work, something I usually do every morning once I get past the initial "I don't want to get out of bed" mode.

I opened my eyes and looked straight into two golden brown ones that were fixated on mine. From the look on her face, I knew she'd been waiting for me to wake up for awhile. She was stretched out beside me; I was surprised she'd laid there all night but I guess that's the beauty of a bigger bed - I don't kick her out.

Her name's Jada and she's my 3-year-old Aussie. She knows me, if that makes sense. She knows I'm going to hit the snooze two or three times so she doesn't get excited when it first goes off. She knows I don't mind running my fingers through her coat first thing in the morning so she lays there waiting for it. She knows I'm not likely to jump out of bed when my feet first hit the floor so she waits beside me until I've actually committed to standing.

Marley, on the other hand, knows none of this. As soon as my head shifts on the pillow and my hand sneaks up to grab the alarm, he thinks it's time to roll. He bounces on the bed, rooting for my hand, lays on top of me and claws my head when he doesn't get the response he wants. Total.annoying.boy.

Anyway, my weekend was boring. I missed my sister, my niece, my friends, my comfort zone. I went to the bull riding and the dance and that only solidified how I missed everyone.

I didn't dance. Mostly because I didn't want to pay to get in when I got enough pleasure sitting on the other side of the fence listening to the music and watching the dancers. I stayed and watched for about 30 minutes and then embarked on my hour-drive home.

Yes, I drove an hour to get to this thing. But here, that doesn't really mean anything. I'll tell you a secret: most everything out here is in the middle of nowhere.

On Sunday I went to church - the first one I've visited since I've been here. I mostly thought about how I miss my old church and the people in it. After that I went home, talked to my mom for awhile, took a nap, read some of a freaky book, and went to bed where I laid for 2 hours before going to sleep.

So I was actually glad when my alarm went off this summer and I had something to DO.

Here's a question: if God were to appear to you in human form, what would you expect Him to appear as?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your friends at your old church miss you. I'm very certain of this fact.

Amy and Jesse said...

Your dogs sound cute! I have a rott/lab mix and I love him.

To answer your question, I'd say I'm back to 95% - yay!

Do you want to do lunch again this week?