Monday, December 7, 2009

Manual Labor

We have 7 tons of hay stuck in the driveway and that's taken two days of our time and energy. Not to mention we have another winter storm coming tonight that's supposed to bring 3 to 5 more inches of snow, high winds and cold temperatures.

The hay's stuck on a trailer, jackknifed across the driveway about 4 miles from the house. It's been there since Sunday late afternoon. The trailer's stuck, the truck was stuck and so was the tractor but Mom and I managed to get the tractor unstuck when the ice melted. We also unhitched the trailer (with 7 tons of hay!) from the truck and got the truck unstuck too.

Sounds easy but the whole process took about 3 hours.

And, in the meantime, we hauled feed eight miles from the house to a pasture to feed cows at. We also have many, many cows, calves, bulls, horses and sheep at the house to feed and that whole process takes about 2 hours.

Let me just say, I am quite adept now at driving the tractor. And other pieces of equipment such as snowmobiles, four-wheelers, etc.

I have a post that I wrote the other night - I just need to tranpose it on here.

Good news for me - the shock collar I ordered for Skye came in today and I can't wait to shape her up! She ran 5.1 miles today. Bless her.

No comments: