Saturday, March 5, 2011

riding a bike, getting drunk on wine

I rode my borrowed German bike a few miles yesterday. It's the second time I've ridden it. Duathlon is tomorrow. You do the math.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

After I rode three or four miles, whichever it was, I felt good, like I could ride for hours more. And then I stepped off the bike, and almost fell over.

That's when I realized that exercising on a bike and getting drunk on wine are very similar experiences - you don't realize how you're effected until you stand up.

As previously mentioned, Tough Cookie is tomorrow. While my teammate and I are determined to win the relay division, we know that "winning isn't everything, but trying to win is." So we're going to try, and see how that works out.

I've been advised not to run or ride today, which is advice I'm heeding even though I'd like to get at least one of both in. Even though I'm not running in the Tough Cookie, I do have a 5k and a 10k coming up in recent weeks that I'd like to participate in, so I feel like I need to run.

Plus, it's fun.

I can't believe I just said that.

So I've got my helmet, and a memory foam bike seat pad, and leggings and a close fitting shirt. I've got a water-bottle holder, and a little pouch that's going somewhere on the bike.

I'm excited.
Tomorrow I'm racing!

No comments: