Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's possible I might have the touch

The inside of my nose was bleeding today.

I'm not going to say it was the odiforous aroma I've concocted, with the help of skunks, in the Cottage, but it is a coincedence.

Duly noted.

It's nearly 10:30 and the sounds that tormented me last night are gone.
For now.

It's amazing what happens when you plug the entrance(s).

So, I discovered that skunks are not nocturnal. They are crepuscular, meaning they come out at dawn and dusk. So who set their alarm for pre-dawn so she wouldn't miss the grand exodus?

This girl.

I was out wondering around cautiously in my yard, looking very suspicious, I'm sure.
I'm not sure what I was looking for at pre-dawn, but by the time the sun actually rose, I sprang to action. I piled up rocks and boulders around the holes, scraped gravel, and then set the live trap, which basically made me feel awesome and made for great conversation, but achieved nothing else.

The under carriage of the Cottage is silent - there is no love-making here tonight. If it were possible for a skunk to wave a white flag, I think they'd be waving theirs.

I win.