Friday, February 10, 2012

my nose hairs are singed

Have you ever had one of those weeks where skunks just won't leave you alone?

No?

I have.

It started Monday night.

And Tuesday it wouldn't end.

By Wednesday, you would have hoped for the end, right? I certainly was.

Thursday I was sitting at my desk and smelled a skunk. It was my necklace.

And tonight.

Oh, blessed tonight.

Skye was outside barely five minutes and was sprayed in the face. And she ran through the Cottage before I realized it, her eyes on fire.

To the dollar store I went for hydrogen peroxide, air freshener and gloves. Then I burned her with water that was too hot. And she shook and the mixture got in my eye. And now I'm trying to get the Cottage smelling right.

Why can't skunks eject a flowery odor out of their asses?

It's possible the skunks are going to make me cry.

I'm tired, exhausted really.
I always cry when I'm tired.

It's supposed to be 35 tonight; it's currently 56 in the Cottage. I have the fan going and the doors and windows open in an attempt to air everything out. I discovered that porous plastic is a trap for skunk odor so there's a lot of shit in my yard right now. By a lot, I mean, Skye's crate and several plastic tubs that were retaining skunk smell.

There's a rule in the Cottage. You retain skunk odor - you get dumped in the yard.

I washed my dishes, the few of them, because it felt good to do something simple and with tangible results. Skunk odor has rendered my cleaning efforts pointless. I just scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. Did it work? Nah.

Tomorrow is a new day, right? A new day that does not involve going to work for the first day in several days. This is good for the rejuvination of my soul.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear. Get the landlords to help with the skunks. And get some sleep. And cry if you have to. Love you!

Bronnie said...

eeeek! that does not sound pleasant.

I've had a rollercoaster week too! But it did not involve skunks...

I have no idea how to get rid of the skunk odour (I don't think we even have them in New Zealand??) but I wish you all the luck in removing it!

I hope you have a relaxing day off and have a chance to rejuvenate!