Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Let me always be this young

“We are too young to realize that certain things are impossible... So we will do them anyway.” ― William Wilberforce

I was the last person to leave a new newsroom this week. It's a bigger one, more prestigious and with a coffee pot, no dress code and a gym just down the hall.

I got in my car and drove home to find my dream litter of German shepherd puppies lounging in the kitchen.

Three weeks ago I was in Kentucky surrounded by the love of my peeps.  

Ten days ago I was on an international reporting assignment in Dessalines.

Six days ago I was swimming in the Caribbean in Haiti.

Four days ago I was sunbathing in Florida and playing in the rain with my darling friend.

It's in the small moments that I'm impacted most by the blessings in my life. When my heels are click-clacking down a hallway that two months ago I couldn't have planned to be in, or when I'm dripping in the Haitian sun raising my camera to capture intimate moments, or when I'm sitting in the middle of a pile of 8 puppies, or reclining on a beach with one of my dearest friends, or singing happy birthday to my 3-year-old nephew...it's in these moments that my breath is taken away by the whisper in the breezes: "Enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life."


No comments: