Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Propane tanks and missionary doctors

I promise I've never talked in public so much about my showering habits then I have now. But when I woke up this morning to no hot water, that's blog-worthy.

I knew what had happened. The propane tank had run out.

It's one of those things that I have to deal with but that'd be really great if I didn't, you know? What girl wants to worry about the propane gas levels in her tank?

Want to or not, it's reality. My reality.

I've been ranting the past two days about the single-ness of my life and the fact that prospects aren't in abundance. I talked to one of my sisters who said this guy from Kentucky (a friend of a friend's) met her for the first time last month and told her that if she moved in with him she'd never have to work again, etc., etc., etc.

That never happens to me.

I talked to my brother last night and he told me that if I see someone I'm interested in, I need to go for it - not wait around for them to make the first move. Then he told me he could see me with 1) a journalist or 2) a missionary. Then he amended the missionary part to being a doctor who traveled around the world helping people, which yes, is someone I could fall for.

Now on to my next mission: finding afore-mentioned journalist or missionary doctor who 1) is single and 2) wants to be with a journalist who lives in the mountains.

Pray for me.




2 comments:

Mary Zolene said...

Don't worry...I never got the "come live with me and I will take care of you the rest of your life" like our sisters did either! I have come to believe that is not a bad thing. I pray you find someone who not only wants to take care of you, but wants to be your partner, your confidant and your biggest advocate. (I would say cheerleader but that is too sisssy). Love you.

Blessings From Above said...

Praying that you find YOUR perfect Mr. Right! :)