Thursday, August 26, 2010

hcg

I guess it's time to talk about this crazy diet I'm on. You know, now that I'm seeing results and it's actually working. Heaven only knows how many times I've blogged about a diet only to have it taper off thanks to it, uh, not working.

My weight fluctuation has a lot to do with my Lyme Disease I play host to and that's created frustrating weight gain and unexplained losses. I know in my head that satisfying my craving of a fountain Pepsi is only feeding the bacteria in my blood but that knowledge never stopped me from making a pit stop at a gas station. I also knew I should stop eating fast food but again, who has time to pack a lunch every day?

Well, here we are. Three-and-a-half weeks after I quit soda altogether and two weeks and one day since I've had a smidgen of sugar, starch or anything not home cooked. And yes, I'm bringing my lunch to work every day and sometimes dinner.

I'm feeding myself on a strict schedule much like you would a newborn and it's working.

The diet is the HCG diet, which is a hormone. Yes, I'm infusing my body with a hormone three times a day. But don't worry. It only lasts for 43 days (or 34 pounds lost) before I go on a 6-week maintenance period.

With the HCG, I'm also on a 500-calorie a day (yes, I said a day) diet. And yes, it's enough because the HCG is liquifying fat cells in my body so I'm actually metabolizing 1500 to 2000 calories daily.

And the diet's not that bad. For lunch and dinner I have 3.5 ounces of an approved meat, one vegetable, one fruit, one melba toast and as much iced tea sweetened with Stevia and water as I want. I can even drink coffee, although I've had to modify the style. What used to be a sugary/creamy cup of warm fluid is now iced black coffee with English Toffee flavored Stevia and one tablespoon of milk. It's heaven.

I've learned so many things about myself during this process. Like, the food I put in my body really does serve a purpose. I've wasted a lot of calories by feeding myself unnecessary food. I eat when I'm stressed A LOT because, man, a cheeseburger sounds soooo goooood sometimes but when I think about it, it's because I'm stressed. That's another thing - I'm thinking about it. I'm not just eating to fill time or because I'm bored, stressed, watching a movie, driving, or socializing. I'm eating for energy (clean energy) and health.

That doesn't mean I won't enjoy a cheeseburger during my maintenance period when I'm allowed to eat starches and sugar in moderation.

But for now, on week 3 of 6, I'm happy, not hungry (finally!), I feel good about purifying my body and I'm looking forward to the end of this journey.

And, oh yeah. I've lost 16 pounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you doing any specific exercising? I want to hear more about this diet.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Holly!!!!