Monday, November 1, 2010

It ended becase Monday said so

It was a weekend I was dreading the end to.

It's not that it was especially spectacular. As a matter of fact, it was very simple. But in the essence of its simplicity was a touch of comfort, a bit of sass and a lot of laughter in the face of time.

But as the hours ticked down last night, I wanted to dig my toes in the sand and not let the weekend deliver me over to Monday.

So I laid in bed sandwiched between one sister and one brother for awhile and we laughed way too hard and talked way too long but had way too much fun.

I tried to remember the midnight hilarity of our conversation as it happened but it was too fast and my brain was too tired. I've forgotten most of it already.

It was our, "Damn you weekend for being over" statement.

By 12:45 a.m., we were all in our own beds and when my alarm went off this morning I laid there in the fetal position not wanting to open my eyes.

Monday is here.

No comments: