Thursday, October 20, 2011

creature of habit

I do a lot of the same things.

I eat oatmeal for breakfast nearly every morning.

I always take my lunch to work, except for rare occasions that I have a lunch date.

I can't get my work clothes off fast enough as soon as I walk in the door.

I eat the same snacks.

I typically sweep the kitchen floor every night.

I eat copious amounts of Saltine crackers.

And, I wear a lot of the same clothes.

So it was near crisis point at the beginnging of the week when I realized that I didn't have one of my staples: my black pair of pants. Yes, I only have one. And they are a crucial part of my work wardrobe mostly because of my shoes.

What this tragic error has done is forced me to be creative this week - to actually look in my closet and 1) wear things I don't ever wear and 2) wear certain things with other certain things that I don't ever wear together.

As a result, I left the house this morning doubtful that I matched. Let's face it - my fashion sense is fairly straightforward and doesn't deviate from the standards. Fashion creativity is not my forte.

But I took the fact that I felt great about my style of the day as a good sign that maybe I had it right.

From what I heard today, I did a good job.

So the challenge is working and maybe I should experiment with other things in my life.

Like, maybe the lounge pants that I absolutely love that have holes in them and are bleached, maybe they need to go.

Or maybe not.

No comments: