Friday, October 10, 2008

She doesn't have a name yet

She slightly resembles a mom-mobile but my best friend consoled me that unlike a mini-van-mom-mobile, this a dorky-mom-mom-mobile. I can settle for dorky mom.

Anyway, yes, I finally have a set of keys that are MINE and that I don't have to return! The first time in over a month. I feel so relieved.

I woke up this morning before my alarm went off (which never happens) and I was just laying there dreading today.

I called my mom (as usual) on my way to work and told her I was dreading today and just wanted it to be over. I knew I had to turn in the rental car today and I didn't know what I was going to do. Plus, I'm just really tired of dealing with this.

I had found this car several days ago but hadn't had time to test drive it so I went today and did that. Offered them cash (from the insurance company) - they accepted my offer (amazing because I suck at stuff like that. Thankfully I had Sam with me who was giving me head nods and shakes and eye cues as to what I should say and when) and I drove off the lot with this 2003 Ford Focus Station Wagon.

Yes, I did just say station wagon.

P.S. I'll post more pictures later - I snuck out of the office and took this one but with people walking and business owners lounging outside their buildings, it was too embarrassing for me to stand out there and continue snapping photos of it. I know. I'm a dork.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray for a car that belongs to you!