Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On strange dreams and sleeping alone...

Some nights it's probably a good thing I sleep alone and last night was one of them, although I'm sure my bed partner last night would beg to differ.

And if you're curious about my aforementioned bed partner, here he is, waiting for me to get out of bed:


I can't remember the crazy dream I was having last night but it involved elements of slimy puppies in bed with me. Now, if it were cute, cuddly, rolly-polly puppies the dream would have been fine. But these were slimy puppies and I think they were dead.

Anyway, I woke up feeling something on my shoulder and the next thing I knew, I was batting and swatting it away, all the while getting tangled up in the covers and wondering (in my sleep-haze) why slimy puppies were on me.

It was Marley's foot.

He woke up as startled as I was, wondering why I was hitting at him and trying to get away from him as quickly as possible.

He slept on the floor the rest of the night.

I still don't remember what the dream was or how it originated but hopefully it won't be a recurring dream, for Marley's sake. It didn't scar him too bad, though, because I woke up to him curled up at my feet.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

poor thing! you swat at him, jada growls and won't let him near his kids, he's got it rough =)