Friday, January 23, 2009

Violation

Skye violated my cardinal rule of dogs sleeping in the bed last night when she brought her bone with her...and proceeded to chew it while I was trying to sleep.

Generally speaking, I've got a pretty rule-free dog house. I mean, don't shit and piss in the house and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't get in the trash or jump on the counters. But otherwise, it's pretty much fair game. You can run, wrestle, get on the couch and bed.

But never, NEVER, bring your bone to bed and chew it.

So last night, after working wonderfully for me, I gave Skye some sort of elk bone that'd ridden on top of my car from mom's house. When bedtime ruled around, she jumped up on the bed with the bone, which I promptly removed from her mouth and put on my nightstand, which she later retrieved about 3 a.m.

There's just something about the sound of their teeth on the bone...grating...while I'm trying to sleep.

Oh, and last night was the first night Walto wanted in the bed with the grownups. I think that means he thinks he's mine.

No comments: