Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kids III

"Holly, sing me a lullaby."

So I sang Jesus Loves Me over and over and over again...

...until, for the umpteenth time, while I was swinging in the hammock and she was examining the cherry tomatoes and I thought she'd quit listening, she joined in the chorus:

"Yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me....the bible tells me so."

We continued to sing Jesus Loves Me alllllll the way to her house. Silence would come over us in the car and she'd pipe up from the backseat:

"Yessssss, Jesus loves me...." and we'd start at the beginning.

Again and again...

...until she was sitting in her living room and her dad was helping her with a movie.

"Yes, Jesus loves me," she sang. He hummed along but lost the melody.

"Holly, sing me a lullaby..."

No comments: