Saturday, November 26, 2011

because one streak is just not enough.

You just can't get away from the coloration journey of my hair, can you?

It started with Pinterest, so if blame has to be laid somewhere, we can lay it there.

Tonight, I wanted another streak. A blue one, to be exact.

So I did.


To be honest, I temporarily freaked out when I first applied the cobalt blue oil pastel. It was very blue. But I took deep breaths and repeated, "It's just hair; it'll grow out," and then continued applying.

I'm happy with the results.

Oh, and the green isn't going anywhere. I showered tonight. It's still here.

So, if you're interested, here's how I did it:

I separated a strand of hair, chose the oil pastel paint I wanted, and then thoroughly applied it. I would advise using gloves; the paint inevitably gets everywhere. Or maybe that's just because I'm *slightly* clumsy.

The paint goes on a little thick so take your time in making sure each hair is covered. From there, I took a comb (my now special oil pastel paint comb) and combed through the painted strands while blow drying it. For the blue, I also took a paper towel and wiped the strands through the towel just to get the heavy excess paint off.

I let it air dry for awhile and then went back to combing and blow drying it. This seemed to help it appear more natural when it fell with the rest of my hair.

And that's it.

Now you can have streaks and smell like an oil painting.

No comments: