Thursday, May 3, 2012

the sadness

Last night was a crying night.
I didn't intend to cry, not like it's something that's always planned, but it didn't feel like the crying-kind-of-night at the beginning of it.

There was a tipping point, an obscure thing, and than one tear fell, and another. Before long, I couldn't stop them.

I cried until I couldn't breathe through my nose.
I cried till 1 a.m. and cried until I eventually fell asleep. I woke up and my eyelids were translucent and puffy from so much crying.

They were grieving tears.
They were sad tears.
They were tears I'd kept inside for a month.
They were tears that needed to fall.

So fall they did.

Today I just feel empty, summarized in one word.

Sad.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You have an amazing voice in your writing. I think you might write a book one day...and it will be utterly stunning and powerful.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and life with me.

randyalan said...

I'm sad for you Holly. And I'm sad too.