Wednesday, February 2, 2011

glasses are falling off my nose + ramblings

Who knew that a side effect of weight loss were loose-fitting glasses?
Uh-huh, that's right.
My not-so-fat-anymore-face is too small for these bad boys to stay on my nose.
It's pretty great.


At 11 last night, I decided it was the perfect time to deep clean the coffee maker, wash the stainless steel teapot, load the dishwasher, scrub the back-splash, clean the oven hood, pack my lunch, and generally speaking, tidy-up.

I Facebooked about my midnight activities and someone suggested "hormones."
Hormones could also explain my crying-over-spilled-milk. And late softball practices and too much work and a stupid yard sale assembly.

Hormones could make sense.

It is really cold in Central Texas, I'm not going to lie. It's about 20 degrees or something ridiculous like that. Last night I was out in the wellhouse with my little sister wrapping pipes with insulation. My hands were numb. My brother drove up and cheerily asked us what we were doing while I was bent over the pipes and I snarkily replied, "Just trying to keep the water pipes from freezing." Well, our efforts were in vain (our pipes froze anyway) and I issued a public apology to him via Facebook for being rude. (I am rude sometimes, you know.)

Every night I have to make a special concoction for our old dog who doesn't like to chew hard dog food anymore. I soak his food in hot water, and throw an egg on top. He gets so excited while he's watching me make it. It's cute.

The past two mornings we've had a hot, sit-down breakfast before the kids go to school. Yesterday it was oatmeal and English muffins; this morning it was instant cream-of-wheat and toast. Nothing fancy or time-consuming (we only allot about 15 extra minutes for sitting down and eating), but they reportedly enjoy it. Typically they grab a bowl of cereal or granola bar, but I guess it's the act of sitting down and visiting a little bit before the day gets underway.

It's time for me to go sort through my e-mail inbox.

Coming up soon, though - my reality TV indulgences.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh yeah, baby! You look awesome!

Brooke said...

You look GREAT!!!! I can't wait to see you in person! And I agree with the hormones. HCG makes me hormonal too.