Saturday, February 12, 2011

She told me to!

You know how when you're five years old and you steal a handful of M & Ms from the candy jar, and then when confronted, you point at your younger sibling and sob, "She told me to!" ?

That was me Thursday.

I got home from work and decided to take a run outside.

She told me to!

But when my triathlete friend suggested I start running outside in preparation for my Tough Cookie duathalon in 23 days, I don't think she meant to run outside in 33-degree coldness with a sore throat, headache and low grade fever.

I really think this decision has to go down as one of Holly's 100 worst.

I ended up walking more than I ran, didn't even make it a mile, spit repeatedly, and cursed out loud.

Today might be a good day to run outside. It's 70-something, the sun is shining and my fever is gone.

But what's the fun in that?

No comments: