Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Relapse?

I don't feel good.

A lot of people, including me, were worried about how I would do with the physical work here at the ranch. I've surprised myself, really, with the amount I've been able to do while still feeling good to okay.

I remember reading an article saying that even though patients with Lyme Disease feel so sluggish and can hardly find the energy to walk across the room, it is essential to their health to exercise and keep their muscles and joints moving.

I think that's why I've been able to keep up with just a few limitations.

I still have persistent symptoms. Things like inability to sleep without medical aid, nights where my legs are bouncing off the bed in involuntary muscle spasms, and medium brain fog.

But starting last night and through today my back, left shoulder, and right hip have just been aching. Deep, bone, tissue ache. It kept me from sleeping last night. How can you get comfortable when your left shoulder and right hip keep you from laying comfortably in any position? It was definitely a night for my heating pad, which I do love.

Today the ache has extended into the right side of my neck, my right ear, my left temple.

I hope, I really hope that this only lasts for a day and that tomorrow these migrating symptoms will have migrated themselves gone.

1 comment:

randyalan said...

I hope you feel better today, Holly.