Saturday, March 3, 2012

I could go for a kid right now

I’m in one of my I-want-a-baby phases, which means two things:

1) I’m likely to acquire a dog
2) I will plant things

In the tangible here-and-now, I’ve planted a shit-ton of tomatoes. I’ve also perused dozens of online puppy ads, sent numerous emails and scheduled a visit to a woman’s house to see puppies tomorrow morning.

Essentially, I need to nurture something.

It’s not an urge unknown to me. In the past, I’ve mentioned sneaking cute babies out of shopping carts or embracing life as a single mom via adoption. Two nights ago while I was lying awake, unable to sleep, this thought actually crossed my mind: “You could totally handle a newborn.

Hmm. Interesting.

But, realistically, I can’t be a mom right now. It’s just not the right time, if you know what I mean.

So between the time (now) that I want a baby and the time (later) that I actually get one, I’ll sprinkle flower seeds in my front yard and planter, and plant more tomato plants than I’ll know what to do with come April.

There’s also a slight possibility I’ll end up with another dog in the near future.

No comments: