Tuesday, March 20, 2012

grace like rain

Sometimes I let ungrace get the best of me.

Like this morning when breaking news was all around and adrenaline was flowing.

And tonight when I can't figure out how to transfer money from a debit card to my PayPal account.

Or Monday night when my "check engine" light came on, and still hasn't magically gone away.

Or today when my computer was running so slow and inhibiting my work.

Or last week when things kept falling through and I was scrambling at the very last minute for a front-page solution.

Deep breaths, and a determination to find it. Grace.

Grace for myself, grace for my heart rate and blood pressure, grace for the people around me.

It's part of being the leader I want to be, and sometimes that means excusing myself to the bathroom (because that's one of the few places people can't find me) and breathing deeply. And reminding myself that I don't want to be that person who brings everyone around me down, and who emits negative energy.

Even in my less-than-glorious moments, I want to exhibit grace, but first I have to find it, which is why I was in the bathroom. And it was there. Grace. Grace like rain.

And when I emerged, I think I did so with ease or, well, grace.

1 comment:

louis vuitton borse said...

thank you ,I like your site, jeremy lin jersey sale content is very exciting.Can learn a lot from the inside, brazilian bikini and see many want to see, thank you very much to share .louis vuitton speedy.