Monday, August 24, 2009

Snuggle Bunnies

Today was a day I spent nannying Josey and Riot in-her-house, which I managed to survive mostly because we were busy, busy, busy planning, cleaning, baking cupcakes, decorating cupcakes, making Happy Birthday banners and twirling crepe paper for a two-year-old's birthday party. Otherwise, I'd have probably lost my mind. Being in their house for any length of time usually conjures up memories of being stuck there for hours on end and results in a clausterphobic (sp?) episode of get-me-out-of-here! But today I managed to avoid that.

My nanny task of the day was to plan and execute this birthday party for a little boy who just turned two - his mother is also a friend of mine so it was indeed a pleasure. Plus, it made me feel good to see Josey and Riot so excited about doing something fun for someone else. They even hid with party-blowers and yelled SURPRISE when Allan walked in the door. Pretty priceless - made my mama-like heart proud.

What did not make me proud was the fact that I only bought 10 stars for the Happy Birthday banner. I distinctly remember standing in the line at Wal-Mart counting down H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y on my fingers - only to come up three short?!

And then I was using the balloon pump on one of the balloons (which, really, is not worth the $2.75 it costs) and COULD NOT figure out why the balloon wasn't getting any bigger....grrrr....so I looked. And it had a hole in the end of it. Mind you, this was after about, oh, 45 seconds of me furiously pumping the balloon pump, which I ended up ditching anyway because I figured out I could manually blow up the balloons faster.

When Riot pooped and peed his pants today, I could pass it off to his mom. But when I asked him, "why did you do that?" He said, "Josey made me." The excuses this kid has are priceless!

My exhaustion was not clearly evident to me today until I went to town to pick up the birthday pizza I'd ordered. Okay, Dominoes is pretty much in the middle of town. I drove from one end of town to the very other end of town before I realized where I was and what I was doing and that I needed to backtrack. But even when I backtracked, I still overcompensated by a few streets and still did not end up where I needed to be. Finally, I did. There's this symptom of Lyme Disease called "forgetting where you're going and not knowing how to get there." Yeah, that was totally me. I'm just not sure how much of it was LD and how much of it was the fact my brain had pretty much shut down.

As it is trying to do now. I'm fully prepared to collapse onto my bed (where my heating pad is warmed up!) and sleep.

But first, a picture of Josey and I's snuggle bunny moment today. She's been a little clingy lately and loves it when I take pictures of us together on my phone. We sat on the couch for a few minutes this afternoon while we watched a movie and she (again) special-requested I "take a picture!" So I did. And here it is.

No comments: