Thursday, December 2, 2010

I grew up in 31-feet of space - 28' minus the hitch

Ours was a 1983 Prowler by Fleetwood travel trailer, orange-and-white, 31-feet long, 28-feet of living space when you subtracted the length of the hitch/propane tanks. It was similar to the one pictured above but longer and with two doors.

Welcome to my home of (roughly) eight years.

I don't talk often here about the travel trailer days of my growing up years but yes, I was raised in a trailer with six siblings, a dog and two parents.

Interesting, huh?
You have a lot of questions, don't you?

Some of my friends have questions about my life in a travel trailer and one of them is: exactly how long is 28-feet of space? I can't even imagine it.

My friend Greg and his wife Kristin asked me one night and because a long tape measure was handy, Greg measured it:

I love this picture for the following reasons:

1) my friends love me enough to actually care about measuring off 28' in their kitchen to figure me out more.
2) I love that kitchen. Lots of good memories in that kitchen.

I love my life.

And that includes the past, the present and the future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw. I love our memories in that kitchen too. Come make new ones in my new kitchen, ok? :)