Thursday, August 11, 2011

I forgot to put it on

There's no easy way for me to say this, and maybe it's one of those things I shouldn't admit to.

...

Nah. Where's the fun in that?

I forgot to put my bra on Wednesday morning.

Yup.

This crazy chick who might look like I have it all together actually forgot a key element (besides coffee) to my day.

What's worse is that I didn't realize it until I was fully (sans bra) dressed and reaching into the closet for my shoes.

And I saw my bra.

It was an awkward moment.

There was a sinking "maybe this is really happening" feeling in the pit of my stomach followed by a "nuh-huh, this can't be true."

A quick TSA-like pat down revealed it was true.

Who knows what the appropriate response is when you realize you were getting ready to walk into the world without a vital undergarment.

I put it on.

And then later when a friend emailed and asked how my day was, I used it as an example to show how mentally unavailable I am to myself right now.

This is how effing tired I am when I wake up in the morning!!

No comments: