Friday, January 27, 2012

thankful

I'm thankful for my mom who calls to talk to me about social media.
I'm thankful she knows I'm multi-tasking while we're talking.

I'm thankful for my friend who calls at 9:20 a.m. to ask for a coffee date.
I'm thankful for when he offers to bring it to me later in the afternoon.
I'm thankful for when he arrives at just the right moment and gives me the coffee.
I'm thankful that he waits another 7 minutes in the parking lot while I finish a meeting.
I'm thankful he comes in and sits by my desk and waits another 15 minutes for me to finish editing two stories. I'm thankful he reads the day's paper while he waits.
I'm thankful he sits with me in the breakroom for 15 minutes and visits before I have to go.

I'm thankful for my friend who instant messages me and another friend who Facebook messages.

I'm thankful my sister texts me to remind me I didn't reply to her other text.

I'm thankful for my dogs who are glad to see me always.

I'm thankful for the Cottage who doesn't seem to mind that her floors haven't been swept or her dishes washed all week.

I'm thankful for the janitor lady who says "You look pretty tonight" as I'm leaving after a long day.

I'm thankful for the sunshine that hit my face this morning when I left the Cottage, and the same sunshine that kissed me when I stole away outside to breath fresh air for five minutes this afternoon.

I'm thankful for my friend who said it's OK to cry tonight, even though that'll put me at two days of crying for the week. She said that's OK, too.

I'm thankful for eating healthy.

I'm thankful for the efficiency of the people I interact with every day.

I'm thankful for the one guy who flirts just a little, enough to make me think that maybe I've got it goin' on despite long hours and too much caffiene sometimes.

I'm thankful for the people who tease me about being a 90-year-old grandma, and for the ones who engage in conversation about sock buns.

I'm thankful for my family who hasn't heard much from me this week, and for my brother who's learning how to be a seamen.

I'm thankful for my bed.

No comments: