Thursday, July 14, 2011

wild in this heart

If my heart could escape out of my chest and go wandering on its own, I think it would. And I don't mean my physical heart. I mean the soul inside me that's never really settled, and yet strangely always satisfied.

It's the part of me that wants to get in my vehicle and drive. Just drive. Listen to the radio. Windows down. Just driving.

The part that hatches crazy ideas with full intentions to execute them.

And the part of me that feels deeply connected to myself right now. I can't remember a time when I've felt this in touch with myself, my heart, my life, my soul.

It's a good, adventerous feeling.

2 comments:

Mary Zolene said...

Sorry! I should have read this before texting you this morning. :) Love you.

The Logarithmic Spiral said...

Yes. Yes. Yes! I could have written this, it echoes the cry of my heart so perfectly. Miss you!