Monday, December 19, 2011

'Twas the night before a root canal

'Twas the night before my first root canal and all through the Cottage...

I'm mincing two cloves of garlic for my pot of chili,

And I'm sweeping the floor,

And making a salad,

And washing the dishes,

And feeding the dogs,

And thinking that I should pluck my eyebrows,

And wash my hair,

And wishing that the zit would go away,

And that when my dogs drank water, they wouldn't dribble it across the floor,

And that my sister will like the Cottage when she visits tomorrow,

And that it will be clean enough,

And I wonder how I'll feel when the root canal is over,

And what the rest of my work day will be like,

And how long it will be before I can eat,

And if it's going to cost more than what they told me,

And if it'll be worth getting up at 6 a.m, for,

And if it means it'll stop hurting randomly,

And how bad it's going to be if I can't go to work tomorrow.

I'm mincing two cloves of garlic for my pot of chili, and these are the things that I'm thinking on the night before my first root canal.

No comments: