Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'll admit that I'm in a funk

My irritation started yesterday when the carpet in my office was thoroughly saturated with (clean) toilet water, the smell of mold and filth and nobody did anything about it.

The irritation slapped me in the face this morning when financial pressure started building. And the irritation has continued until now when I'm still sitting in my office expected to believe that a box fan is going to remedy the squishy-wet carpet and the horrific smell.

I'm conflicted with emotions.

On one hand - irritation, lack of motivation bordering on my-give-a-damn's-busted, worry threatening to spill over into full blow anxiety.

On the other hand - an overwhelming sense of blessedness, the desire to achieve the small-step goals I've made for myself and an amazing thankfulness for the friends and family in my life.

I have exciting news to share and can't wait to tell you. I'm still developing and putting on the finishing touches but pretty soon it'll be unveiled.

Pretty soon - as in a couple days. :)

In the meantime, I'm working hard to get un-irritated and out of the funk that wants to suffocate my peace.

Ah, peace. That's one of my new favorite words.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is some news to may cheer you up. It's supposed to be in the 40s this weekend in Little Rock, meaning the inches of snow the city currently has shouldn't be a problem. And we aren't supposed to get our wintry mix until Sunday, meaning that traveling shouldn't be a problem. So, want to hang out this weekend? :)

Amy Bushatz said...

Ugh. Toilet water could put ANYONE in a funk. Can't wait for your news ...

Mary Zolene said...

Hope your upcoming news pulls you out of the funk!! Love you